The sun climbs higher each day, inspiring daydreams of what is to come… Denver summer days are beautiful so let’s make the most of them! To stimulate your imagination, check out our top 20 things we’re planning this summer:
- City Park Jazz: pack a picnic or enjoy the food trucks and contribute $5 to the concert fund each visit.
- Use our Denver Botanic Gardens membership to experience the Chihuly Exhibit at different times of the day.
- Cycle. A lot.
- Civic Center EATs: get out of the office for a mini-adventure to take in the sights, smells and people watching action.
- Enjoy Denver’s many free festivals.
- Hike three different Denver Mountain Parks.
- Go camping at least three times.
- Each month, spend a roll of quarters encouraging the budding talent of 16th Street Mall Buskers.
- Volunteer with Volunteers of Colorado, tending to Colorado’s many outdoor treasures takes a lot of work. Time to pay it forward!
- Picnic in five different city parks.
- Grill dinner and dine outside as much as possible.
- Explore seasonal, regional and “hidden” Arts such as: Central City Opera, Anschutz Western Art Collection and the Colorado Springs Arts Center.
- Watch (safely) a thunderstorm. Afterward, rush out and run barefoot in the warm water filling street gutters.
- Plant a vegetable and flower garden and hope the hail doesn’t flatten it all in one
- Take evening walks among the tree-lined streets and fragrant gardens of historic Central Denver neighborhoods.
- Attend as many free outdoor concerts as possible! In particular, look for Denver’s Queen of Blues/R& B, Hazel Miller.
- Dine outside under a tree full of lights at the lovely Bistro Vendome, stroll around Larimer Square, then
- Every weekend morning (when not camping), get up early and visit a Farmers’ Market or arts market like Sweet William or A Paris Street Market. Eat fresh baked goods and coffee whilst strolling around!
- Spend a day at the beach – Aurora Reservoir. Ok, so this is not in Denver, but this beach is great fun and much quieter than Cherry Creek or Chatfield Reservoirs. Rentals include kayaks, paddleboats, etc. With miles of paved trails for cycling or walking, plenty of parking, it is a great day’s outing for a nominal day fee. Pack a picnic and sun umbrellas!
- Enjoy cool night breezes blowing in the bedroom window after a hot summer day.
What’s on your Denver Summer Bucket List? Share with us!
Join us in Good Taste:
“Like” In Good Taste Denver on Facebook.
“Follow” In Good Taste Denver on Twitter.
Pin it! on Pinterest.
InGoodTasteDenver on Instagram.
Give us a tumble on Tumblr.
Come along with us on the Field Trip App.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) The InGoodTasteDenver.com blog and photos are property of In Good Taste Denver and CDM Communications unless otherwise mentioned. Use of photos or text is prohibited.