History repeats itself every day at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. Never once have the doors been locked in 125 days! Think about that! The Brown Palace has been celebrating all year with special festivities which are culminating with one big weekend, August 10-13, celebrating a milestone few hotels achieve. The Brown has managed to maintain its historical feel without getting stale, remaining relevant, modern and still one of the most desired hotel stays in the city.
There are multiple ways to help the Brown Palace celebrate. Highlights include:
- Dedication and installation of a Mile High Marker on the Grand Staircase on Friday, Aug. 11 at 10 a.m. A team of surveyors has determined which step is exactly 5280 feet above sea level.
- Commemorative window displays designed by the students of the Colorado Art Institute as part of a semester long class project.
- Champagne and Oyster Reception in the Atrium Lobby, Aug. 11, 5 – 7 p.m., $18 per half-dozen oysters.
- A Seven-Course Anniversary Degustation Menu in the Palace Arms, Aug. 10-12, $150+ per person, wine pairing optional.
- Anniversary Prime Rib Special ($39) in Ships Tavern and Dinner Special paired with Strange Craft Beer brewed for the occasion and aged in Stranahan’s Whiskey barrels (12.5% alcohol, of course!) Aug. 11-13.
- Special historic tours of The Brown and its neighbors, the Navarre Building and Trinity Methodist Church by Brown Palace Hotel
Historian Debra Faulkner will run on Saturday, $25 per person, tours last approx. two hours. (No charge for overnight guests.)
- Rarely seen historic artifacts on display throughout the weekend, including guest registers (some with VIP signatures), blueprints, menus, photographs, assorted antiques such as china and silver, telephones, radios and more, all weekend long.
- Kids’ Jumbo Cupcake Decorating Class with pastry chef Olivia Shay, Aug. 12, 1 p.m., $25.
- Official proclamations by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper and Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock on display in the lobby all weekend long.
- Live music in the atrium with extended hours for a weekend of special Afternoon Tea in the Atrium Lobby, Aug. 11-13, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., starting at $40.
- Tastings of Brown Palace special anniversary whiskey, produced exclusively by Stranahan’s Whiskey and made with The Brown’s artesian well water, Aug. 10 – 13.
- A special anniversary edition of Ellyngton’s famous Champagne Brunch, Aug. 11 & 12, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., starting at $70.95.
- An After-Hours Speakeasy in The Brown Palace Club, all you can eat/drink, with appetizers, desserts and featuring Stranahan’s Anniversary Whiskey from the barrel, Aug. 12, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., $125. The Brown has never done a speakeasy!
- Chef Demonstration & Gourmet Lunch with Executive Chef Timothy Ralphs, includes embroidered apron and personal recipe book, Aug. 11, 10 a.m., $125.
- Prizes, drawings, happy hours, and special events all weekend long in the Atrium Lobby.
The full schedule of events is available online at www.brownpalace.com.
Make a weekend of it by being a guest at The Brown, where presidents, dignitaries, and big stars (including The Beatles), have stayed.
Don’t worry about driving and parking. Get a ride with LYFT, Use our exclusive Lyft code for new users – IGTD17 gets you $15 in credits toward your first three rides.
Watch this. We find it very amusing and interesting!