What you need to know about Cherry Creek North Food & Wine
Our editor, Courtney Drake-McDonough, is honored to be a judge at this event. It sounds like it’s going to be a great opportunity for area restaurants to show off their best and for guests to partake. Here’s your guide to the festival:
What: Cherry Creek North Food & Wine celebrates the diverse and sophisticated tastes of Cherry Creek North dining, bringing together the area’s best restaurants for one night on Fillmore Plaza. Attendees will have the chance to sample bites while enjoying locally-provided wine, beer and spirits; plus, live music and more!
When: Saturday, August 12
5-6pm VIP Tasting hour, 6pm General Admission doors open, 9pm Event Conclusion
Where: Fillmore Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Who: Tickets are on sale now and the event is open to ticketholders. Ticket prices increase on August 4, be sure to get your tickets now. VIP tickets will sell out shortly, get it while it’s hot!
Access / Parking: Did you know? Half of the public parking garages in Cherry Creek North offer $5 (or less) evening and weekend rates? Evening rates begin at 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. See garages here.
Stay the Night: Get 25% off your August 11 and August 12 stay at HALCYON, a hotel in Cherry Creek by using promo code CCNFandW when you book. Click here to take advantage of this special offer and complete your Food & Wine weekend!
If you’re a first-timer:
- Getting here – it’s easy to find parking on a Saturday night, but it is a Food & Wine event, we encourage attendees to use alternate transportation like Lyft, Uber or Taxi. (Remember, readers, new Lyft users can put IGTD17 when they order a ride to get a $5 credit on their first three rides.)
- It’s Kid Friendly! CCN Food & Wine offers an under 21 / designated driver ticket price so youngsters can experience the culinary adventures of CCN
- Weather – it’s August in Colorado, there may be rain. But not to worry, the tents provide cover and the rain, if any, usually only lasts a few minutes!
- Venue – Set in one of the most unique outdoor venues in the City of Denver, CCN Food & Wine is an event unlike any other for one of the lowest food and wine ticket prices in the state
- Only in CCN – participating restaurants are located in Cherry Creek North, allowing attendees the opportunity to meet and mingle with the chefs of the area. One event, nearly 20 restaurants, what better way to find your favorite Cherry Creek North restaurant?
- The event is a competition! Every restaurant competes for best food, dessert, table décor and people’s choice. Best food, dessert and table décor are awarded to winners chosen by a team of media judges. People’s choice is voted on by attendees, so make sure to vote for your favorite dish!
- A (support) local event – CCN supports local and all beverage partners were born and raised in CO including beers brewed by Wynkoop Brewing Company, Whiskey distilled by Stranahan’s and wines provided by the Vineyard Wine Shop
- What else? Bring your dancing shoes and your smile. A live 11-piece band will be entertaining throughout the night and a free photo booth helps attendees capture the fun throughout the evening. Questioning your attire? Most attendees wear fashionable summer attire fit for a concert in the park or a gathering with friends on a patio!
Did you know
- New to the event, Quality Italian and Cherry Cricket
- Long time participants: Bombay Clay Oven, Enstrom’s Candies, Piatti and Hapa Sushi
- ¾ of the participating restaurants are locally owned or offer their only Colorado location in Cherry Creek North!